Nikki from "Joy in the Journey" awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award a few weeks ago because you can find everything from homeschooling tips, bible study, menu planning, couponing, and mindless ramblings of a stay-at-home mommy of four on here...my regulars know what I'm talking about! ;) Nikki and I have been friends since childhood, and she's my inspiration for blogging, getting back into writing, and oh, so very much more. Thanks, babe, for thinking of me! If you don't follow Nikki's blog, stop by and check it out - she's a blessing to me, and I'm sure she will inspire you as well!
So here are the rules for this award:
Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them.
Tell your readers 7 things about yourself.
Give this award to 15 recently discovered bloggers.
Contact those bloggers and let them in on the news.
Okay, I gotta think of some good stuff now... Here are seven things you may not know about me:
1) I am addicted to Cherry Vanilla Diet Coke from Sonic. I know, it's terrible. But I just can't get enough of that syrup-py goodness.
2) I have been singing in church since I was about 3 years old. I can sing soprano, alto or tenor by ear. I made it into competition choirs all through high school...all without being able to read sheet music!
3) I am deathly afraid of mice. I would like to rid the entire world of these vermin, and all their close relatives. I know there's a reason for all God's creatures, but I've often wanted to ask Him what He was thinking when He made them - and gave them a desire to live in my linen closet and pantry!
4) We have shared a home with my in-laws for 7 years - first out of necessity, eventually by choice. We are so very blessed to have our lives so intertwined with theirs, and I can't imagine not having them with us.
5) I spent the summer after graduating high school in Italy with my oldest sister, Angie. If there had been a way to get Kelly over there, I would have seriously considered staying forever!
6) I can tune practically everything out when I am engrossed in a good book. I LOVE reading, and I desire to instill my love for the written word in my children. When there are terrible times in your life, or you just need a moment of escape from the everyday, a book can transport you anywhere you want to go.
7) I am seriously thinking about getting my nose pierced. My niece has been talking about it and asked me to do it with her. I told her I'd wanted to do it for a long time, but thought Kelly would just die. I texted Kelly just to tease him, and he was actually disappointed to know I was joking! So don't be surprised if you see a little bling on my face in the months to come... ;)
Fifteen Bloggers I'd like to award (drumroll, please...)
1. Morning Glories and Moonflowers
2. North Laurel Home and School
3. Swinging on Small Hinges
4. Raising Godly Maidens
5. Sister Tipster
6. This Sweet Life of Mine
7. Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers
8. Little Rays of Sunshine
9. Our Everyday Life
10. Just Making Memories
11. Cows Don't Moo
12. The Loose Screw
13. The Youngn's
14. Wonderfully Chaotic
15. Orange Marmalade Mama
Be sure to check out these blogs - there's something for practically everyone!