Friday, November 18, 2011

Days 17 & 18


Yep, I missed another day...surprise, surprise! ;)

So...yesterday I was thankful for carryout pizza. After a crazy afternoon and about 3 changes of plans throughout the day, I completely forgot to think about what to do for dinner! So I called my sis-in-law, Tiffany, changed the evening plans for the FOURTH time, picked up a couple pizzas, and headed to their place. We ate and visited, the kids played, and we just caught up. We used to get time like this every weekend, but life has been hectic for both our families this fall. Finding time to just sit and chat have been few and far between, and we both have missed it. So, yes, for making our lives a little simpler, I am thankful for carryout pizza! ;)

Today, I am thankful for modern medicine. I have not been feeling quite right for a couple months now, but I am such a procrastinator that I kept putting the appointment off. It seems like I am always putting off things like that...things that don't seem important, or things that I'm just a little uncomfortable with...but regardless of that, I finally went today. A quick exam and visit with my doctor, and I left with the promise of a prescription that will make me feel better in a few days. I am not one to go to the doctor for much. I don't even like taking over the counter meds very often. But I know there are reasons for modern medicine, and we all take the ease and accessibility of medicines in America thoroughly for granted. It makes me think of the people all over the world who are losing their lives because they don't have access to the simplest of medicines, like Neosporin. I am so thankful for the fact that we have the ability to get affordable medicine and medical care in this country.

So are you keeping tabs? I'd love to hear about some of the things you are thankful for. :)

Blessings!
Ammy

No comments:

Post a Comment