Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thankfulness Catch-up!


Can I just say up front how much I admire those of you who post every day!? I just can not seem to manage it, even when I have a goal, like posting my blessings through the month of November! :( But, I have blogged more consistently this month than any other month, ever! Improvement, indeeed! :) I even passed my 100th post and didn't even realize it - that should have been a celebrative moment...so....WOOOHOOO!!! I have posted 102 times now, yay!

21. I am thankful for my children's increase in responsibility. I have found this weeek that I haven't had to harp on them as much about chores...could it be they are hearing sleighbells in their minds and are being extra good? Who cares, I'll take it however I can get it! ;)

22. I am thankful for my friend Treva and all who helped her put on our church's Thanksgiving meal Tuesday night. The decorations were beautiful, the food was AMAZING, and the fellowship was so very sweet! Servants of Jesus don't ask for recognition, but I'm inclined to give them thanks whenever I can. The unsung heroes of the body of Christ are those who work in the background, not the limelight. Don't forget to thank the servants of your church family!

23. I am thankful for Thanksgiving break!!! Woohoo, the kids and I have taken Wednesday through tomorrow off, and it's been fantastic for all of us. We've stayed up late, slept in, played games, had sleepovers, it's been such a great mini vacation. I love the flexibility we have as homeschoolers!

24. I am thankful for only having to be responsible for a small part of the HUGE Thanksgiving dinner we partook in! Kelly's family met this year at his Aunt Phyllis' home. Okay, only about half of us were there...but that's still a houseful! LOL! With this many people, it's so nice to split up the menu into manageable pieces so nobody feels overwhelmed. The only thing that we had two of was green bean casserole - and if you're going to double up on anything, that's the dish to have more of! ;) I made brownies, stuffed crescent rolls and .... tada, green bean casserole! It was a lovely, relaxing day. I'm so blessed to be a part of the Hartzell family!

25. I am thankful for - yep, you guessed it - BLACK FRIDAY!!! I have never had such a whirlwind day of shopping and price matching. It was a thrill ride with my best friend, Steph, and our daughters, Molly and Chloe. Steph and I went out Thursday night about 9:30 for a big ticket doorbuster item. We were in bed by 1:00 am, and back out the door at 4:30, with the girls in tow this time. We made it home a little after 1:00 p.m. Typically, I don't get too worked up about this. But for me, this year has been so busy that I hadn't bought ANY presents yet! I am usually done by this time, minus two or three stocking stuffers! So yesterday, I got caught up in one fell swoop. I got everything on my list at great prices! Plus the bonus of spending the day with my favorite girls. Thirteen stores in 12 hours, and my list is nearly complete. Good day, indeed! I'll post more on my Black Friday experiences in more detail later.

26. I am thankful for you, my followers. I know it's a lot to ask of people to take the time to read my posts when your own schedules are so busy. But I'm grateful that you find my words worth reading. Hoping to break 100 followers by the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment