If you receive the The Old Schoolhouse Magazine, like their Facebook page, or are friends with TOS Publisher Gena Suarez, these two words have to ring familiar. And I hope they make you as happy as they do me. When I see these two words come up in my newsfeed, I KNOW I am about to receive some much needed encouragement. Gena has a way of reminding us that even though we may be in the trenches, we are never there alone. That's why when The Hey Mama! Print Schoolhouse Planner 2016-17 came up for review - and I saw the name - I was very excited! The Hey Mama! Planner is going to be a blessing every day of our coming homeschool year!
If you are like me, sticking to a schedule doesn't always go the way you'd like. I mean, come on. Our lives are far from normal. Between balancing homeschool obligations, housework, appointments, activities, meal planning, and wrangling toddlers, no two days ever look alike! I have tried many planners before - online planners, calendars on my phone, hard copy planners...none ever seem to fit the bill. I have had some success, but many more failures. But as I skimmed through this one the very day I received it, I knew this was going to be different in many ways.
Here are some of the many things this planner has that I am excited about:
- Curriculum Planning Sheet - 5 of them!!! This makes this mama of multiple school aged children very thankful!! The sheet has space for seven subjects and a place to write down the price and vendor/curriculum name. I've already been using these to see what gaps I have to fill for next year for all the kids. It's great to see it all laid out in such an organized way.
- Two Page Layout of Monthly Calendars, starting with July 2016 - big spaces to write down appointments, activities and birthdays. Plus, a single page for notes on that month. I am not sure how I'll utilize this yet, but I am sure it will come in handy.
- Two Page Layout for Weekly Schedules - this is amazing! The spaces are big - and I mean BIG! There will be room to write assignments and kids' names to keep track of things I may usually miss.
- Book Log - one thing I lose track of quite often is what books each child has read and what we've read as a family. Now it will all be in one convenient spot for record keeping.
- Educational Helps - these are fantastic! Writing prompts, States and Capitals, Presidents, and many, many more!
- Transcript assistance and example - this one had me skipping! Having just finished our oldest son's first year of high school, putting together his transcript in May had me very apprehensive. This note came at just the right time, and gave me the confidence to make Connor a comprehensive transcript without worrying if I'd done it well.
- Notes of encouragement from Gena - these are like little diamonds just waiting to be discovered! I am sure as I go through my year, and I am having a hard day, I may flip the page of my planner and find a note that seems written directly to me that will help me take a breath and move forward stronger. Because I have a God who cares for me!
We are not in full planning mode for the coming school year just yet. We have a lot going on this month, and I haven't had the heart to jump in. But I know, with the Hey Mama! Homeschool Planner with me this summer, I will have a much better chance of staying on track than going it alone. And besides, we aren't meant to take this journey alone - we are all in it together.
To buy your TOS 2016-17 Planner and receive a discount, go to this link below. Hurry! The school year will be here before you know it - get to planning, girl!
To follow TOS on social media, go to any of these links:
Come see what other reviewers are going to do with their Hey Mama! Planners here: