Thursday, April 14, 2016

Learning away from the classroom

Do you ever have days when you know you just won't be able to concentrate because it's just too beautiful outside? Well today was one of those days! I woke up, looked out at the gorgeous sunshine, and said NO to the schedule! I woke up the kids and said we were going to Silver Dollar City to enjoy Worldfest!

I think as homeschool moms, we often become slaves to our curriculum. We boxes to check, papers to grade, verbs to conjugate. I know I often forget the joy of learning, and how much we need creativity to thrive. The best learning does not come from books, even though I love reading and study8ng. The greatest learning comes from hands on, face to face, interactive moments with other human beings.

So today we took learning outside of our classroom and interacted with people from all over the world...and they also got to ride some rides!


Cas waving to the big kids on Outlaw Run

Stories and dances of the Pacific Islands

Two performers from Fiji


             




Cirque Zuma Zuma - African circus performers from 13 different countries



No comments:

Post a Comment