Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Buster Brown



How is it possible that my baby boy is 7? Wait, he's not the baby anymore...hasn't been for a long time...but I still think of Caleb as my baby. I can't believe how quickly time is flying by with this one, and all of them, to be honest.

Caleb is a feisty boy. He is chock full of orneriness, just like his daddy. I didn't know Kelly at this age - we didn't meet till high school - but whenever Caleb flashes me that crinkle-nosed grin, I can just imagine his daddy doing the same thing as a child. He is funny, a daredevil, always pushing the boundaries...but truly has me wrapped around his little finger - again, just like his daddy! ;)

All Caleb has wanted for his birthday this year was a day at Skyzone. We went over Christmas break, and it's all he has talked about since! I told him I would take him and one friend, but we were not booking a party because of the expense. He was just fine with that, or so he said. Like I said, my boy is full of orneriness...

We got home from co-op last Tuesday, and I had 3 messages from some friends asking about Caleb's party...what?!? It seems that my son told everyone in his class, and some friends in other classes, that he was going to Skyzone for his birthday, and everyone was invited! Oh, my goodness, I was flabbergasted! These moms were curious as to why they hadn't heard from me, so I went ahead and sent out a group message on Facebook. It went something like this: Yes, Caleb's turning 7 next Tuesday. Yes, I am taking him and a friend to McDonald's and Skyzone after co-op. Yes, of course you are all welcome to join us, but we have not booked a party...yep. The boy knows how to put me in a pickle! All the moms understood, and many of them said they'd love to join us. So, what was going to be my son and a buddy turned into this:


And this:


And I don't think everyone is in the pictures! LOL, he got a party, to say the least...and everyone brought presents, which I did not anticipate! My boy...he even talked me into two cakes - how does he do it?? We planned on doing a cookie cake to take to co-op. But then he saw this cool cake that I'd tagged Connor in on Facebook, not thinking we'd be making it any time soon. Well, he batted his eyes at big brother and asked him if that could be his birthday cake. Connor was up for trying it, with my help of course, so off we went to the store for ingredients. Here is the crazy cake:


 
He even managed to lose his two front teeth on his birthday week. So not only did he get presents, he also ended up with a wad of cash!! Even a couple buddies gave him quarters because he lost both in the same week. I guess that's impressive to a group of six year old boys.



So here's to my Buster Brown. He is the red-headed, freckle-faced, joy of my heart. I love every minute of being his mama. There is never a dull (or quiet) moment around this boy, and I can't wait to see how the Lord uses the neverending energy that He has filled him with. It's gonna be good, I'm sure of it. Happy 7th Birthday, Bus! Mama loves you to the moon and back again.





1 comment:

  1. I had commented on this but wasn't signed in... This child cracks me up! I just keep giggling and shaking my head. I do love that rotten little troll! Lol

    ReplyDelete