Friday, February 27, 2015

A TOS Review: Koru Naturals

Koru Naturals Review

Koru Naturals is an all natural beauty product company based out of New Zealand. Their products utilize the best their country has to offer from nature in skin care, gourmet honey, health supplements and so much more. They have hundreds of products, and they pride themselves on using the most quality of ingredients and no animal testing. I was sent their Emu oil and Koolpurrie Restoring Balm to review for The Old Schoolhouse Review Crew.

The first product I got to review was one of Koru's most popular products, pure Emu Oil Premium Golden ($9.85 for the 2oz bottle).

Koru Naturals Review
I had never heard of emu oil before this review, let alone use it for anything. I wasn't sure what all it could be used for, so I looked it up. Here is what I found online:
- take by mouth to improve cholesterol levels, weight loss, and cough syrup
- apply topically for aching joints and muscles, healing of wounds, cuts and burns, diaper rash and eczema
- promote healthy nails and cuticles
- moisturizer    ( www.webmd.com)

Koru Naturals' website promotes their emu oil for skin moisturizer (on unbroken skin) and leave-in hair conditioner. I am not sure why, if it is known to do so much, that the company only encourages its use for these two things. I chose to use it on my nails and cuticles and as a facial moisturizer. 
I have just recently had my 6th child. Through the pregnancy, I had multiple breakouts. It didn't seem to matter what I was using to wash my face, or how little makeup I wore, I was constantly fighting a breakout. I started using a couple drops of emu oil after cleaning my face about 5 weeks ago. I have seen a difference. I was worried the oil may cause my pores to clog and leave me feeling greasy, but not at all. I have had much less acne and don't seem to have any greasy areas at all. As for the nail treatment, I can't say that I've seen much improvement.

The second product I reviewed was the Koolpurrie Restoring Balm ($12.50 for the 1.4oz jar).


Koru Naturals Review

The Koolpurrie restoring balm is a mixture of emu oil and pure lanolin. It is about the thickness and consistency of petroleum jelly. The website states that its emollient action is long lasting and great for hydration and healing of extremely dry or damaged skin.

I decided to try the balm on my stomach stretch marks. I didn't like the feel of it at all. I felt like I was rubbing for a long time, and it never fully absorbed into my skin. It left me feeling slightly sticky. I didn't see any significant improvement to the look of my stomach, either. I also used it on my hands, and that was a little better. I have extremely dry skin in the winter, and I felt the balm kept my hands moisturized better and longer than most lotions I have tried. 

One use for the balm that I was very impressed with was for Cadie. She was born past her due date, and her skin has been very dry. She also has already had a little bit of a diaper rash. I used the balm on her legs and arms, and on her bottom for her rash. WOW! It made a huge difference. In two or three applications, her legs were not flaky and dry any more. As for her bottom, the balm is thck enough to form a protective layer so that her rash had time to heal. I was very happy with the results. 

I also found another great use for the balm this week. Wednesday, I was frying bacon for lunch when the grease splattered all over my left arm. I immediately went to the sink and sprayed it down with cold water, but I could already see the welts rising. It was really sore! After lunch, I went to look for my aloe vera and saw my jar of Koolpurrie restoring balm sitting on the table. I thought it was worth a shot, so I covered the welts with it. By evening, my welts didn't have any heat or pain in them, the swelling was gone, and they had faded to light red. Today, I just have a few pink dots where the burns were. I was so excited to see how well it worked on burned skin.

Overall, I liked both products. I don't see myself continuing to use the Emu Oil, but I would definitely purchase the Koolpurrie Restoring Balm again. While I thought the price tag was a little high ($12.95 for 1.4 ounces), once I saw how many uses it has and the effectiveness of the product, not to mention that I've used it in so many ways and have barely put a dent in the jar, I believe it is worth every penny.

Some of my fellow crew members reviewed some different products from Koru Naturals. You can find out what they thought in their reviews here:


Koru Naturals Review


Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment