Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Year!!!

So the holidays have been wonderful for the Quinns. I hope you all have had a great season and are ready for all the blessings 2015 will have in store. I know that we are!

April, Rob and the kids got here Tuesday night. We had a great time visiting from then to today. Rob even enjoyed himself...after he came to forgive me for not having coffee...sorry, cuz! ;) We packed the week full of running and celebrating. We were at Mom and Dad's for New Year's Eve, went to Ariel and Jimmy's last night, and sent the Pike's on their way about noon today. They had a 10+ hour drive ahead of them, and they were ready to hit the road. It's always hard to let them leave, but I saw Rob grab a Realtor book from the restaurant last night...one can hope they move here one day soon! :)

The kids and I took the Christmas decorations down yesterday while April and the family went to visit other family for the afternoon. Usually, this is a bittersweet day for me. I love Christmas, I've loved our new tree this year, and I enjoy all our festive decorations. But maybe it's the nesting kicking in already, I was so glad to have my living room back!! I am ready to get the cradle and swing ready for our little blessing, and she can't get here soon enough! I got all her clothes washed and put in her dresser this morning, which totally got me more excited. Her new diapers are on the way, and that will make it even more exciting! Oh, the things that thrill me, right? LOL

I sat down this afternoon to figure out lesson plans for the middle 3 for January and February. I think we will look pretty normal for January, but February could be tricky. I'm so glad we have flexible curriculum, not to mention an amazing co-op that fills in certain subjects, but having a plan in mind makes me feel better. I am looking forward to a visit to the library in the next week or so to find some independent work for the kids. But all the important lessons they will be having in the coming weeks and months are the ones about family, babies, housekeeping, and love. This is one of my favorite parts of homeschooling - that the kids get to be so hands-on and don't miss a thing with the babies. I know, they'll need breaks as much as Mama and Daddy -  and we have great friends who will make sure they do get those - but they are so excited to have Cadie here and love her that it makes all the coming chaos a minor detail. Kelly is excited, as well. This will be the first time he has ever taken FMLA. He is planning on being home with us for at least two weeks. It's going to be so much fun! We have a ton to look forward to this year, and I can't wait to share it all with the ones I love most.

No comments:

Post a Comment