Monday, January 5, 2015

A True Go Getter

Do you ever come across a child so impressive, that you just can't believe he or she is so young? Well, a young boy has entered our lives this past year, and I'm so thankful. Through him, we are getting to know his incredible family and learn about his personal journey. He has become one of Chloe's very best friends.



When I first met Noah Ridenour, I thought he was a sweet, talented kid in Chloe and Canon's theater troupe. As I began to work with him, I saw something even more. He was smart, funny, mature, and most of all, joyful. Seriously, there isn't a much better word to describe Noah. He is always smiling! During our semester working on Music Man, Jr., it didn't matter what was occurring - whether the day was hectic and I couldn't get the kids to work on choreography or stop chattering, Noah was always ready to pat me on the shoulder and tell me how much fun he was having and ask what could he do to help. I would go home exhausted, but have a smile on my face. As the semester went on, I saw Chloe and Noah begin to hang out more and more. They had a lot in common. Their mutual goofiness and sense of humor, as well as being the youngest ones in the main cast, seemed to make them bond quickly. I enjoyed their banter, and I often remarked on how happy Noah always seemed.

Then one day, Chloe and Noah realized they had a mutual friend, Gabriel. Gabe's family went to Crossway with us, but we didn't know them very well at the time. Through the mutual friendships, Gabe and Chloe became even closer friends at church, and Noah and Chloe spent more time together at Class Act. Chloe and Noah eventually convinced Gabe to come try theater with them this past semester, and the three are now practically inseparable on Fridays! 



It was through Gabe that I discovered something that gave me some true insight on Noah's joyful personality. Three years ago, Noah was diagnosed with cancer. He and his family had a hard fight, but with the help of St Jude and a lot of prayers, God healed Noah. He has talked a little about his battle with Chloe, but never in much detail. He does say he's very glad it is over, and that he LOVES his hair! :) We have never gone through such an ordeal in our family...I can't imagine what fears Noah's parents, Brian and Delaina, had to overcome, and how very much their faith must have grown through this trial...putting their son in the hands of the Savior, trusting Him completely to see them through. But I can truly say that they have come through the fire gloriously shining for Jesus Christ. Noah's confidence and joy in life is so beautiful. He is truly a light for Jesus. I'm looking forward to getting to know this family more and more as time goes on. 

Noah is a boy of many talents. He sings, he acts, he makes movies. He also enjoys making comic strips. He has a blog that he's been posting to, and he made 100 posts in 100 days this past year! Now that is commitment! I love seeing kids have an interest in something, make a goal for themselves, and achieve that goal. Here is the link to Noah's blog: https://funnyfarmcomics.wordpress.com/ I hope you enjoy his humor as much as I have, and you can see but a glimpse of how awesome this kid is. I'm proud to have him in my daughter's life, and in mine as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment