Saturday, September 24, 2016

#lovefirst

Do you watch the news regularly? Does it bother you as much as it does me that it is constantly filled with negativity and strife? Does it leave you feeling frustrated and challenged? I have had enough of the division the media tries to make in our country. I am tired of politics and riots and violence. But I have a hope. Within these walls, with these little warriors we are raising, we have the tough talks. We let them see some, not all, of the broadcasts. We talk about this hurting world. And it all comes back to Christ. The only thing that will help and heal our broken world is the love and blood of Jesus. And we are teaching them that they are the ones who will be the messengers. They must be bold to speak out for the outcast. To not judge others. To love unconditionally. To be a light in this dark, dark world. It's not easy, and I know I fail at this constantly. But I keep trying. And I pray.


“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.” -Mark Twain

Tonight I am praying for our country and all the people who choose to believe half formed reports before FACTS can truly be stated. When will we hold the media accountable for inciting such violence in our country? And when will we as a nation come together to demand fair, unbiased, fact-covering journalism?? And when will we let Christ unite instead of letting the enemy divide?? I've been so disappointed in some Christians who jump to conclusions and spread hate with their words rather than letting the Spirit lead.


People, I beg you, be responsible with what you post. Especially as a Christian, I do not want to be responsible for putting inaccurate information out there that will harm people. #lovefirst.

No comments:

Post a Comment