Sunday, March 20, 2016

Counting Down to Resurrection Sunday

Today is Palm Sunday. I can't say I had thought about it much this morning, until I picked up Castle from Sunday school. Our small group lesson had not been following the Easter story, and Pastor is in the book of Genesis right now. So as much as I hate to admit it, the day almost passed me by without even thinking of Jesus' triumpant entry into the Holy City.

Castle's classroom was loud and full of activity, as usual. But the joy echoing off the walls was especially exubreant today. When the noise fog cleared a bit, I saw what they were doing, and tears filled my eyes. These precious, joy filled toddlers were running, hopping, dancing about their table shouting "Hosanna!" to the best of their 2 and 3 year old ability. The teacher had helped them make "palm branches" out of their handprints.


They were waving their branches and singing, praising Jesus with their whole hearts. I was so touched. These teachers do a lot for our children. They love them, they pray for them, they invest in them. Being a preschool Sunday school teacher is not always the easiest job. Between the meltdowns and potty accidents, I know it's not where I prefer to serve. But these beautiful lessons are just the planting of seeds. These beginnings of truth, of the Gospel, are so very important. Cas could be ready in just a few short years to accept Jesus as his personal Lord and Savior. He may never remember making this palm leaf, but I will. Somewhere inside him, a seed of knowledge of who Jesus is and what he did for Castle has been planted. It's going to grow. It's going to impact him. And I am so thankful.



"The crowds that went ahead of Him and those that followed shouted, 'Hosanna to the Son of David!' Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!' 'Hosanna in the highest heaven!'" Matthew 21:9

No comments:

Post a Comment