Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Blue and Gold

Okay, so I'm a little late getting this one done. Cut me some slack, I have a newborn.

Anyhoo, the boys had a great Blue and Gold banquet back in February. Mom, Dad, Bob and Phoebe all made it, and that made it an extra special night. They boys really enjoy their time as scouts, and it was the first time they've gotten to share it with their grandparents.



Both boys achieved rank. Caleb earned his Tiger, and Canon earned his Webelo. It's hard to believe this time next year, Canon will be ready to cross over into boy scouts! I think he'll continue this scouting journey for a long time to come - hopefully striving for Eagle one day.

                My little Tiger!             My little man earning his Webelo


Caleb also had a surprise that brought a huge smile to his face. He was the winner of the Pinewood Derby race in the Tiger Den and got a shiny little trophy. He was so stoked!



Both boys got to put on skits with their dens. While we, the audience, didn't always know exactly what was going on, the boys were sure having a grand ole time! They laughed so hard at their own jokes that we laughed along with them, even when we had no clue what was happening! I loved watching them both. Canon is such a ham, and he has a real talent for comedy. He doesn't realize it yet, but I hope he goes back to theater one day. He truly shines on the stage. Caleb steals the spotlight every chance he gets, and I see people drawn to him because of his happy energy. They are both growing up, becoming more responsible, learning more every day. I can't begin to tell you how proud I am to be their mommy. I have six amazing kids who I know God has great plans for. He has barely even begun the good works in them. I can't wait to watch their stories unfold.

 

Tiger cubs - I never did figure out what the skit was!



Canon was a court jester in one skit and a fish in another. They were actually pretty funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment