Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas blessings...

come in all packages, and I felt like my heart was wrapped in a big red bow, bursting with love and pride this past Sunday morning. Chloe and I sang for the first time together in big church. I was singing Amy Grant's new song, "I Need a Silent Night", and Chloe spoke the Word in the middle of the song. At the end, she sang "Silent Night" a capella, with just a little help from me. :) It really does my heart good to see her wanting to use her gifts for the Lord. She is an incredibly talented young lady - singing, dancing and acting are very close to her heart. I know encouraging these gifts and talents can lead some families down a slippery slope, and negative influences, and I haven't let her audition for anything outside of church or co-op activities for these reasons. I just pray that we can find a godly outlet for her to live her passions out in a god-fearing, loving way that glorifies Him. But for now, she is an 8-year-old bundle of energy and sass that loves the stage...and loves her Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment