Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Summer is...here?

So it is the first Tuesday off for the summer, and it just feels weird. Co-op is a highlight of the week for us, and 12+ weeks off is a little daunting. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the break! But when it's one of the only times of the week when my kids get to have their own time with friends and away from each other...well, we miss it pretty quickly! :) We LOVE our family time. We have a blast together and enjoy the break from school work. But I have to admit, I miss my adult time with other mamas as much as they miss their friends. It's like a little pick me up from the insanity and a much needed change of pace.

Suffice it to say, I adore our co-op. Lighthouse Christian Academy is so much more than a time for academics. My friends share our joys, tears, hopes and concerns. They understand because they are there going through the same kind of stuff. I may take them for granted sometimes. I know there are some Tuesdays that co op just seems like a big pain, and I'd rather stay home with my family in our pajamas. But when summer comes, we miss our Lighthouse family. And September will be very welcome around here by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment