Friday, July 29, 2011

Adventuresome

Now, I'm going to say up front - THESE ARE MY BOYS!!! I love that Connor is so adventurous, and that Canon will try anything Connor does. Sometimes it takes him a while to get up his nerve to try new things, but once Connor sets his mind to something he is all over it. Canon, however, rarely shows any qualms about trying new things. ;) We were at the Republic Aquatic Center yesterday, and Connor wanted to try the Huna. It was only $2, so I said sure. After watching Connor and their cousin, Chance, Canon begged to do it, too.



It was so much fun to watch! They didn't know exactly what they were getting themselves into, but they had a blast.



On Canon's second run-through, he had a little...incident. He was doing great, but then the board got away from him - and took his trunks with it! He jumped over to the side, and I met him over there to help him re-tie them. People were laughing, I was afraid he might get embarrassed...but he couldn't stop laughing either! Now I have to say - that's Kelly's boy right there! He brushed it off, let me retie the string, and ran back to the line for his next turn. It was so funny, everybody started clapping and cheering for him! If it had been me, I would have been in tears and begging to go home. I'm so glad he has the ability to laugh at himself and move on - he makes me pretty proud.

Connor also made me proud. Even though he was one of the smallest kids to ride on the Huna, he was only one of two boys that tried to stand. I was so surprised, but ready to cheer him on.


The lifeguard helped him get started.


Then he pushed him farther out toward the center.


Only one hand...


And he's doing it!!


But not for long!

Regardless, he tried it, he loved it, and we are totally going back soon. Chloe was wearing a two piece, so I didn't let her try it. But she's ready to give it a shot next time as well. :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I've never seen anything like that. It looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun!
    Following from the TOS Crew
    http://www.thewellsspring.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete