Friday, August 1, 2014

I was 19, Kelly was 20. We will celebrate 17 years Saturday, and baby #7 (with one waiting for us in heaven) will arrive the end of January. I wouldn't change a thing. We've grown up together, we've learned life lessons together. We've struggled and celebrated and failed and succeeded in all areas of our life - parenthood, careers, ministry - together. He is my life, my love, my best friend. He drives me completely bonkers! He calms my soul. He holds me, he challenges me, he encourages me, he leads me. I was 17 when I fell in love with this amazingly stubborn, opinionated, hard-working and discerning country boy, and I'm so thankful God brought us together so young. We have had more years together than apart already, and so many more ahead! We are indeed abundantly blessed.



This article is so well written, and told from a perspective I can totally understand and relate to. I don't know about every couple that marries young, but I truly believe that discouraging young couples to marry is not the right thing to do. Of course, there are exceptions to every rule. Unfortunately, divorce is not something looked at as negative as it once was. But I do know this: marrying young and growing up together gave us opportunities to learn more about one another and ourselves than waiting could ever have done. Read it, and see for yourself.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/natasha-craig/what-i-gave-up-the-day-i-_b_5001583.html

No comments:

Post a Comment