Thursday, June 4, 2015

Happy Birthday, Bright Eyes!

This beautiful, brown-eyed princess is turning twelve today. Time just doesn't want to stop, and this mama is trying to remember to find the joy in the journey. I love all the stages of my kids' growing and coming into their own...but I can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that they are not babies anymore. This precious baby that cried for 20 hours a day for the first five months of her life...




became a spunky, vivacious, dramatic princess in the blink of an eye. She loved dress up, singing at the top of her lungs for all to hear.




When I put it that way, I guess not much has changed - except maybe the fact that she actually performs on stages now!



She is a amazing sister - she is truly my right hand most days. Always helpful, most of the time patient and loving! She adores her siblings, and has fared well as the only girl for many years...



but oh, the joy she found in getting a baby sister this year! 



She is so full of life, on and off the stage. She has grown so much in her faith this year, and I couldn't be more thrilled. I am so wanting to slow down this clock...twelve years have simply flown!! How in the world is she nearly a teenager?!? But I wouldn't change a thing. I love the girl she is, and the young woman she is becoming. She is a whirlwind...she leaves me gasping for air from exhaustion on many days! But she is a breath of fresh air every day. I wish I had her optimism, her ability to look at everything with excitement and wonder. I pray she NEVER loses that. She is changing, all the time. I would never have thought my blonde haired princess would go punk...yet another stage we will see through! 


Happy Birthday, Coco - Mama loves you to the moon...






No comments:

Post a Comment