Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Relearning old Truths

Even amidst a depressed spirit and a feeling of letdown, I found great comfort in two things tonight. One: God's Word is relevant to me, in every state of being, in every situation I find myself in. His Word never fails me. Two: Tables can truly turn in relationships, and I am so thankful for the one that turned tonight.

One of my sweet little sisters in the faith has been brought back into my life. God is in the midst of it, and it's been a blessing. I've known my friend since she was 12 or 13, and I was about 21 or so. I was her youth counsellor, and she was a beautiful, bubbly teenager. She had a life story that drew her to me, and we bonded easily. The Lord allowed me to be a part of her life and I saw her grow and blossom and find her life and love in Him. She married a boy I love as much as I love her, and they moved on to be part of a new ministry, doe-eyed and passionate to learn more of His ways.

Here we are, five years later. We are finding ourselves about to start on a new endeavor to bring the lost to Jesus Christ. We are excited, but wary; nervous, but thrilled; ready for new beginnings, but painfully looking back at all we've been through and uncertain as to what the next steps are. But ready to take those steps together.

I am struggling. I am certain of the path we are on. I am certain it is God's will. I am excited and rearing to go, but unexplicably vulnerable and frustrated. After our small group tonight, I completely melted down. I found myself a puddle, and not really even sure why! My friend and pastor spoke words of encouragement, and I'm so thankful for what he had to say. But do you know what really blew my mind? My little sister spoke godly words of wisdom over me and soothed my soul...in ways I remember doing for her long ago.

I made the comment to her about a month ago that it was going to be an amazing journey working together - two grown women, instead of youth and counsellor. I told her then that I knew God had drawn us back together for a reason, and I was sure that I would be learning much from her. She laughed and kind of shrugged it off, but I reminded her of my prophetic words tonight. I look at her and still catch a glimpse of the girl that had so many questions about her future ten plus years ago. But tonight, I saw a woman who walks daily with her Lord and had a word from Him for me, a woman she once looked to for guidance. The tables had truly turned, and I couldn't be more thankful. He has grown her into a godly woman that I am honored to call friend.

He has put this group of people with a burning passion to serve Him together for a purpose. He is healing us all, He is stretching us all. I am taking all the words spoken over me tonight by friends and laying them all out to dig through. He who has begun a work in me will certainly see it through. My job is to be still and allow Him to work. It is hard, but He promises to be there right beside me through it all. And He's given me some wonderful friends to be at my side as well. Thank you, Lord, for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment